Hello! I wanted to reach out to wish everyone a Happy New Year, and to go over the 2020 Vision (it had to be said) for our Chapter of the Nebraska CPCU Society! We have a fantastic team on the Board this year. We welcomed Kristi Newcombe and Amanda Tan to the team during our final meetings of 2019. We are excited for the year to come!
Introducing the 2020 Board
Marne Van Dyke, President
Christy Flores, Vice President
Michele May, Treasurer
Kristi Newcombe, Secretary
Angie DeBoer, Immediate Past President
Evelyn Loof, 2nd year Board Member at Large
Amanda Tan, 1st year Board Member at Large
Let’s keep our Chapter at the top of the game. Please get involved in a committee and participate in the events outside of the meetings as well as joining us for the monthly luncheons. As I requested in the December meeting, if you know of a local caterer we could help get established by using them for one of our meetings, or you know of a new venue we could try, or if you know a great speaker, let us know. We like new options and it is so important for us to support our community and strengthen our local businesses! Even if you just have a suggestion for a topic you’d like to see addressed in a meeting, please share your thoughts with us.
We have the five annual committees. This year, the members of the board are assigned to one of the committees to act as a liaison. There will also be a Chair person for each committees to lead the other members of the committees. We urge you to get involved! Feel free to contact the board liaison if you are interested in joining a committee.
- Good Works Committee – Liaison Kristi Newcombe - Kristen.Newcomb@iatinsurance.com. This committee plans the April lunch meeting as well as activities in/for the community.
- New Designee/Membership Committee – Liaison Christy Flores - firstname.lastname@example.org. This committee plans the August lunch meeting as well as tracks our members’ progress in achieving the CPCU designation, plans activities, recognizes members, and encourages involvement.
- Web/Public Relations Committee – Liaison Amanda Tan - email@example.com. This committee keeps the website up to date, is kicking off the use of our new Facebook page, and coordinates the invitations and correspondence to the Chapter members.
- Scholarship Committee – Liaison Angie DeBoer - firstname.lastname@example.org. This committee contacts local college student organizations to solicit insurance-related candidates and selects an annual scholarship winner.
- Christmas/Holiday Committee – Liaison Evelyn Loof - email@example.com. This committee plans the December Christmas/Holiday luncheon.
For those of you who like to plan in advance, here are the 2020 meetings dates as well as any information we have thus far.
2020 Meetings: Date, who is planning the meeting, venue, topic or additional details
- Jan 23 Christy Grata - Earl with NEMA
- Feb 20 Michele Megan Johnson-Cook -Street Outreach director
- Mar 19 Kristi or Amanda Ethics meeting
- Apr 23 Good Works Comm. Service Project
- May 21 Evelyn Farmers Mutual, Pending Bill Moos
- Off June & July
- Aug 20 Membership
- Sept 17 Kristy Possibly the Malone Center
- Oct 15 Angie Conferment
- Nov 19 Marne Installation of new officers
- Dec date undecided Christmas/Holiday Comm.
As a reminder, if you are on Facebook, please add Nebraska Chapter CPCU and follow our chapter online.
Your involvement in our Chapter makes all the difference! Let’s have another great year!